Update: Cyber Attack on Australian Government and Businesses
An important update for our users regarding the Prime Minister's announcement today that a cyber attack is underway across Australia.
This morning, Prime Minister Scott Morrison announced that a broad ranging state-based cyber attack against Australia has occurred. This cyber attack is targeting all sectors of industry and government. In light of this, we highly recommend you immediately download and complete our Cybersecurity Policy found here. In addition to the above, businesses of all sizes need to stay vigilant in their Cybersecurity hygiene and exercise extra caution with your online activity including email and chat services.
As well as completing our Cybersecurity Policy, you may also wish to speak to our expert Cybersecurity lawyer, Paul Cenoz, who can provide you with assistance in the following areas:
- Answering your questions regarding data and privacy breaches
- Providing you with advice and guidance on how to comply with all of the regulatory requirements which are imposed on different companies in different industries such as ACCC, ASIC and OAIC
For those who are on the Legal Advice Plan, please feel free to lock in your consultation with Mr Cenoz through your Lawpath account.
Moving forward, please remember the following important notes:
- Always verbally confirm bank account details with clients;
- Do not use public Wi-Fi for business;
- Regularly update your software and also complete patching;
- Connect to the internet through a VPN;
- Use patching software, operating systems and devices; and
- Use multi-factor authentication when possible.
Jackie is the Content Manager at Lawpath and manages the content team. She has a Law/Arts (Politics) degree from Macquarie University and is an admitted solicitor in the Supreme Court of NSW. She's interested in how technology can help shape the future legal landscape.