✓ Initial consultation
✓ Pre-filing assessment
✓ Completed by lawyer
✓ 10-year registration
Why register a trademark with us?
Apply by filling in a fast online form
Protect your brand by registering your name or logo online in just minutes. Complete our online application and receive multiple quotes from expert trademark attorneys.
Protect your brand, name, logo or slogan for 10 years
As a business grows in value, often its most valuable assets end up being its intellectual property. This is because once your business gets underway, customers will associate your trademarks with your business.
Get your own Trademark Attorney
Having your trademarks registered will enhance the value of your business by adding an extra level of legitimacy. By registering your trademark with us, a trademark attorney will help you through every step and make sure your trademark application is done quickly and correctly.
How does it work?
Complete the form with as much detail as possible so we can source you the most accurate trademark quotes.
Your application will be reviewed by a registered trademark attorney and you will receive fixed-priced quotes.
Work with your chosen attorney to register your trademark and receive 10 years of protection.
We’ve helped over 100,000 Australians
Including International Trademarks
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a trademark?
A trademark is a sign used to distinguish your business’ goods and services from those of competitors. Registering a trademark gives you exclusive rights to use a ‘sign’, which could be: letters, numbers, words, phrases, sounds, smells, shapes, logos, pictures, aspects of packaging, or a combination of any of these things. It could even be a colour - for example, Cadbury’s iconic purple colour is trademarked.
- Why register a trademark?
- Legal protection
- By trademarking a sign unique to your business, you receive an exclusive right to the use of that sign. That means you are able to take legal action against anyone who infringes on that right by using that sign without your approval.
- To prevent competitors of your business from claiming the rights to your business name, logo, or slogan.
- Protecting your unique brand and the goodwill associated with it.
- Protecting your rights as a business owner so no other competitor can diminish or dilute your quality of products or services.
- Stop competitors from using or misappropriating not only your very same business name or logo, but also anything that is confusingly similar to your business name and logo.
- If you choose to, having the exclusive right to the use of a sign also means that you are able to license the right to someone else. For example, if you trademarked a shade of blue, and was approached by another company for the use of that colour, you can license them the right to use it, at a fee. Talk about doing business!
- Further, by registering a trademark, you ensure that the use of that sign does not infringe on anyone’s rights. This prevents any potential legal consequences from creeping up on you, even though you have good intentions from the start.
- Growing your business
- Registering a trademark for your business goes beyond just legal protection. It is also strong marketing tool, distinguishing your products and/or services from the rest of the market.
- Your business is special in a way that sets you apart from the rest. It could be due to the quality of your products, the efficiency of your service, or the creativity of your design, among other things. As your reputation grows, your brand grows, and if the differentiating factor of your business is not protected, your competitor might just ride the wave of success and leave you strangling by imitating you.
- Having a trademark allows you to effectively and efficiently communicate your brand to your customers, especially in a crowded marketplace. By associating your business with a particular ‘sign’, you become instantly recognisable. Think about the Nike ‘swoosh’, and Apple’s, well, apple.
- Ease and Simplicity - Our trademark process is an easy to use process to obtain an invaluable asset for your business.
- How long will it take to register my trademark?
Applying for a trademark through us takes under 5 minutes and couldn’t be easier.
Our registered trademark attorneys then review your application and give you an indication of registrability within 7 days. The application is then submitted to the government for review. This process is standard for all Australian trademark applications and usually takes about 6 months. Once officially approved, you will receive a certificate and you'll be protected for 10 years.
- What information do I need for my trademark application?
Before you apply for your trademark, you will need:
The word or logo you wish to trademark.
- Make sure that the word or logo you wish to trademark is suitable for use, it must be distinctive so as to be able to differentiate your goods or service from a competitors or it may be rejected.
Your goods and services for your trademark
- You must specify the goods and services that your trademark is or will be used for, e.g shoes. There is no limit to the number of goods and services or classes that you can select.
- Applicant’s name: owner’s name or company name.
- Applicant’s address.
- Authorised person for the trademark.
We are trusted by...
Our average rating is4.6
Our latest reviews
Megan was very helpful, efficient and professional. I highly recommend her to other small businesses.
The document gave me a versatile starting point for negotiations.
Making will in case of death
It was straight forward process over the internet to produce my last will
It is a breeze drafting documents, sending for signature etc. Wonderful service
Quick and thorough
Quick turnaround and very consultative throughout. Easy to talk with and good all round experience