- You would like to inform people how you collect, use and respect information;
- You would like to be compliant under Australian privacy laws; and
- Collection of personal information;
- Use of personal information;
- Disclosure of personal information;
- Rights and control of a customers personal information;
- Storage and security of personal information;
- Website cookies and third party sites.
- Responsible Use of Data; and
- Use of Private and Confidential Information Policy.
Not sure if your small business needs to comply with the Privacy Act?
Does anybody actually read privacy policies?
It is common knowledge that most people who interact with different websites do not read its privacy policies.
However, a recent survey undertaken by the Office the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) into community attitude towards privacy has found that 65% of people are now more likely to read Privacy Policies and 61% would check website security before giving personal information to ensure their Privacy right are protected.
The Australian Privacy Act 1988 (Privacy Act) and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) regulates the handling of personal information about individuals. If the business or website interacts with consumers outside Australia, certain international privacy laws may apply.
The European General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) contain laws which regulate how businesses should interact with consumer data to insure privacy rights are protected. The GDPR apply to businesses in Australia or overseas if their business or website collects European consumer data. If you are unsure whether your website is GDPR compliant, you can contact us here for more information.
Should I get this policy reviewed by a lawyer?
Not sure what you need? Call and speak to one of our consultants on1800 529 728
How it works
Follow the steps below and you’ll have your ready-to-use document in no time.
Set up a free Lawpath account
Search and find the document you need from our list
Follow the prompts and fill in all the relevant details
Download your document in ready-to-use PDF or Docx* format. Access from any device, at anytime.