Complete Online Form
Sign & Make It Legal
- You would like to inform people how you collect, use and respect information;
- You would like to be compliant under Australian privacy laws; and
- Collection of personal information;
- Use of personal information;
- Disclosure of personal information;
- Rights and control of a customers personal information;
- Storage and security of personal information;
- Website cookies and third party sites.
- Responsible Use of Data; and
- Use of Private and Confidential Information Policy.
Not sure if your small business needs to comply with the Privacy Act?
Does anybody actually read privacy policies?
It is common knowledge that most people who interact with different websites do not read its privacy policies.
However, a recent survey undertaken by the Office the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) into community attitude towards privacy has found that 65% of people are now more likely to read Privacy Policies and 61% would check website security before giving personal information to ensure their Privacy right are protected.
The Australian Privacy Act 1988 (Privacy Act) and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) regulates the handling of personal information about individuals. If the business or website interacts with consumers outside Australia, certain international privacy laws may apply.
The European General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) contain laws which regulate how businesses should interact with consumer data to insure privacy rights are protected. The GDPR apply to businesses in Australia or overseas if their business or website collects European consumer data. If you are unsure whether your website is GDPR compliant, you can contact us here for more information.
Should I get this policy reviewed by a lawyer?
Get a Quick Quote
1. Submit quote request
Fill out the quote request form. Provide as much detail as possible so we can source you the most accurate quotes.
2. Compare Fixed-Price Quotes
Save time shopping around town. You will receive fixed-price quotes from our 700+ expert lawyers.
3. Hire the Best Lawyer
Once you've engaged the lawyer of your choice they will begin work on your job.
Submit Quote Request
Receive Fixed-Price Quotes
Connect With Your Lawyer
LawPath provides legal documents for:
Corporate & Enterprise