Digital Designer (Full Time) – Sydney CBD
The Digital Designer will work in conjunction with the Product, Marketing, and Sales teams to fulfil the business’ design requirements – spanning UI, digital marketing, and desktop publishing.
- UX design – designing and mapping user flows and journeys
- Responsive UI design – designing high-fidelity user interfaces that work seamlessly across different devices
- Illustration – creating custom iconography, marketing collateral, etc.
- Digital marketing – designing, and executing (display, social, EDM) digital campaigns in collaboration with the digital marketing manager
- Conversion optimisation – iteratively improving existing pages to improve conversion rates
- Desktop publishing – creating publication documents using InDesign for print and digital use
- (preferred) Photography – photographing clients and producing marketing collateral
Required Skills and Experience
- 2+ years relevant experience
- Good sense of visual design, layout, composition, and typography
- Understanding of user experience and conversion rate optimisation principles and best practices
- Ability to work with the tech and marketing team to implement designs
- Experience working with grids and responsive frameworks (e.g. Bootstrap, Foundation)
- Excellent knowledge of the Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere Pro (preferred), After Effects (optional), UXPin (or similar), Unbounce, Mailchimp
- (preferred) Photographic experience
Please send your application to Michael Croft at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: “Application for Digital Designer role at LawPath”.
LawPath is Australia’s leading online legal marketplace for businesses.
By using smart technology to make legal faster, simpler and more cost effective, we’ve helped over 25,000 customers save in excess of $6m in legal fees!
We’ve won multiple awards from legal and consumer bodies and are regularly listed as one of Australia’s tech companies to watch.
The legal market is massive, in Australia alone it’s a $20bn industry, globally in excess of $500bn and we aim to consolidate our lead in the Australian market and expand internationally.
If you’re ready to join a great team, disrupting a massive market with no local competitors then keep reading.
- ready for a role in a fast-paced technology startup?
- experienced with AngularJS or React?
- using or experimenting with noSQL/graph databases like MongoDB or Neo4J?
- used to working with git, Heroku, AWS?
- a believer in loose coupling?
- trying out microservices?
- interested in Docker , Puppet/Chef for implementing Programmable Infrastructure?
If this sounds like you, then this may be the opportunity you’re looking for.
You will be:
- a strong developer with at least 3 years experience in similar roles
- keen to work hard to make sure LawPath stays ahead of the market
- versatile and keen to apply yourself when and where we need it most whether that be front-end or back-end
- prototyping new approaches and testing ideas
- helping to build an awesome engineering culture
- Working closely with Marketing, Sales and Legal to align the technology with the business goals
- Having fun!
What we love about LawPath:
- We’re a small, passionate team where we all contribute to the direction of the company
- We believe Law is too hard and too expensive, and that we can change all that
- We’re not bound by red tape like bigger companies
- We are masters of our own destiny
- We’re focused on getting things done
- We don’t believe in boundaries – we work together to get things done
You’ll need to be:
- Fun to be around – We love what we do and want you to have the same passion. We’re on a mission, but we want to enjoy coming to work every day!
- Reliable and independent. We’re a small team and our hands are too busy to be holding yours.
- Not afraid of the unknown. You’ll need to do a bit of everything, some of which you may have never done before. You have to be comfortable playing with new APIs and technologies that you’ve never touched before – this is an opportunity to grow and get out of your comfort zone!
So if you’re passionate about a challenge, want to be part of an awesome team and believe you have what it takes to help us change an industry, get in contact.
Developer: 3 years
Practical Legal Training (PLT) Position (Volunteer) – Sydney CBD
Australian citizen or permanent resident
If you are a exceptional law student who’s hungry for a real world challenge and love the idea of working in a fast-paced, innovative company that is breaking new frontiers in the highly competitive legal market, then this might be the challenge for you.
Who’re we looking for?
We’re interested in first to final year law students. This position can count towards your PLT hours. The role is unpaid, rich in experience, and we are flexible fitting your hours around your university schedule.
- Studying law at a university level
- Strong interest in legal technology such as document automation
- Legal article / blog writing (not the boring traditional articles, we are looking for fun content)
- Passionate, energetic and comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Assist in creating legal articles, ‘how-to guides’ and legal blog content
- Assist in drafting legal agreements
- Opportunity to assist in client facing services such as answering legal enquires, assessing legal needs and engaging with our lawyer network
- Interest in ‘non-traditional’ legal services
- Basic legal knowledge and passion for writing legal articles.
Who we are:
LawPath has the audacious goal of revolutionising one of the last industries to be disrupted by technology: the $21 billion legal market in Australia. We’re making law simpler, more accessible and more affordable for small to medium sized businesses to get the legal solutions they need by creating efficiencies with technology.
As an online legal platform for clients and lawyers, we work with over 200 Australian law firms to provide efficient and effective legal services. We work closely with our partners, including LexisNexis, to provide legal solutions to consumers for a fraction of the price of traditional law firms.
At LawPath you will be a part of an amazing team with experience working for online giants like Getty Images, Spreets, Bigcommerce and Tom Waterhouse. You will be working directly for the LawPath Legal Manager, an ex-Minter Ellison Corporate Lawyer – a rare opportunity to learn from a leading disruptive lawyer.
To apply, send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject “PLT Placement Application via LawPath website”