Termination of Employment (General)
This Termination Letter explains that you are terminating an employee on the basis of poor performance. Customisable and ready to use in under 10 minutes.Get started
This Termination Letter explains that you are terminating an employee on the basis of poor performance. It is important that you follow the correct procedures when terminating an employee. Generally, an employee should receive a warning letter and opportunity to improve before they are terminated. It is recommended that an employer seek legal advice before terminating an employee as there are a number of legal options available to an disgruntled employee, including commencing proceedings against an employer for unlawful termination or unfair dismissal.
Use this Termination of Employment (General) if:
- You would like to terminate an employee for poor performance;
- You would like to concisely explain why he/she has been dismissed; and
- You would like to have a record of the termination in the event of a lawsuit.
What does the Termination Letter (Poor Performance) cover?
- Documents the employee’s performance management and formal warnings;
- Informs the recipient that the employment contract is terminated;
- Provides for a notice period or payment in lieu of notice; and
- Sets out relevant termination payments.
Other names for Termination of Employment (General) include:
- Termination of Employment Letter;
- Notice of Termination for Poor Performance.
Other documents you may need:
Not sure what you need? Call and speak to one of our consultants on1800 529 728
How it works
Follow the steps below and you’ll have your ready-to-use document in no time.
Set up a free Lawpath account
Search and find the document you need from our list
Follow the prompts and fill in all the relevant details
Download your document in ready-to-use PDF or Docx* format. Access from any device, at anytime.