Family and Domestic Violence Leave Policy
You can use this Family and Domestic Violence Leave Policy to support your employees in the event that they are a victim of violence by a family member, spouse or other intimate partner. This Policy can also be used to ensure clarity around your employee’s leave entitlements if they are a victim of family and/or domestic violence.Get 1st document free
This Family and Domestic Violence Policy outlines who is eligible for such leave, along with the procedure in place for taking such leave. It also addresses the confidentiality of such matters, as well as alternate options that may be considered by the employee if they need additional leave or flexibility.
Use this Policy if:
- You want to provide clarity on who is eligible for Family and Domestic Violence Leave and what the entitlement is;
- You want to ensure that your employees are aware of any process, notification and evidence requirements relating to such leave;
- You need to ensure that your employees can be safe at home, and feel supported in the event of any family and/or domestic violence; and
- You need to protect your Company from any potential disputes or claims relating to such leave, by ensuring that all employees, including managers, have been advised of who is eligible for such leave and the required process.
What does this Policy cover?
- Eligibility requirements for family and domestic violence leave;
- The process, notification and evidence requirements in place for taking such leave;
- Additional leave or flexibility options that may be available to employees who are victims of family or domestic violence; and
- The Company’s commitment to supporting employees who are experiencing family or domestic violence.
- What is personal/carer's leave?
- How does compassionate leave work?
- Employer responsibilities for staff working from home
- Employee Handbook
- Leave Policy
Not sure what you need? Call and speak to one of our consultants on1800 529 728
How it works
Follow the steps below and you’ll have your ready-to-use document in no time.
Set up a free Lawpath account
Search and find the document you need from our list
Follow the prompts and fill in all the relevant details
Download your document in ready-to-use PDF or Docx* format. Access from any device, at anytime.