- If your business collects personal information online directly or indirectly from your customers;
- If you are hosting or using third party services, like Amazon, Google or Facebook; and
- If your business has an annual turnover of $3 million or more.
Privacy policies vary across businesses and industries but every policy must outline:
- How the information is collected and how the information will be stored;
- How the information is shared, and specifically, whether that information is going to be sent offshore outside of Australia; and
- Why your information is being collected and how your business is going to use it.