Cease and Desist (Defamation)
This Cease and Desist Letter is specifically designed for use in defamation of character claims, writing on behalf of a business or individual who has been the subject of defamation, slander or libel. Customisable and ready for use in under 5 minutes.Get started
This Cease and Desist Letter is specifically designed for use in defamation of character claims, writing on behalf of a business or individual who has been the subject of defamation, slander or libel. The letter’s purpose is to stop a party from continuing such activity to avoid legal action.
Use this Cease and Desist (Defamation) if:
- You or your business are the subject of slander, libel or defamation
- You believe your reputation has been damaged due to a defamatory attack from another party (online or offline)
- Your business has received false negative reviews from another party
What does the Cease and Desist (Defamation) cover?
- An overview of the conduct alerting the other party of your concerns;
- A request to remove any malicious and defamatory content in the public forum;
- A request for the other party to provide detail into where defamatory content may have been published, and to provide a written apology.
Other names for Cease and Desist (Defamation) include:
- Defamation Letter
- Defamation of Character Letter
Not sure what you need? Call and speak to one of our consultants on1800 529 728
How it works
Follow the steps below and you’ll have your ready-to-use document in no time.
Set up a free Lawpath account
Search and find the document you need from our list
Follow the prompts and fill in all the relevant details
Download your document in ready-to-use PDF or Docx* format. Access from any device, at anytime.