Dangerous Recreational Activity WaiverA Dangerous Recreational Activity Waiver is a legal document that protects someone who wants to reduce their risk of liability.
A waiver is a legal document which protects someone who wants to reduce their risk of liability. Reducing liability is important for businesses, especially those that facilitate risk-related activities.
It is common for a vast array of recreational activities to involve a significant amount of risk, ranging from personal injury to death. As a business offering these types of activities, it is feasible that accidents or injuries may occur while customers are participating.
It’s important to remember that there are some exceptions to the release of liability. You won't be protected by a waiver if an incident is caused by some forms of negligence or misconduct on behalf of your business. Given the presence of notable risk in these activities, you should always have your waiver reviewed by a lawyer before use.
Use this Recreational Activity Waiver if:
- You want to protect your business from liability and potential lawsuits.
- You want your customers to fully understand the risks of participating in your recreational activities.
What does this Recreational Activity Waiver cover?
- Details of recreational activity
- Outline of the associated risks
- Acknowledgement of these risks
- Acknowledgement of the risk warning (in accordance with legislation)
- Release of liability
- Acceptance of terms