The Small Business Digital Adaptation Program is a $20,000,000 program that the Victorian State Government has introduced to help Victorian small businesses trial new software, improve their online capabilities and transition to a digital way of doing business.
Lawpath is proud to partner with the Victorian Government to help businesses adapt to the digital operating environment and prepare for COVID Normal.
Through this plan eligible Victorian businesses will receive a rebate to cover 12 months of access to a Lawpath legal plan.
This blog will cover how you can claim your rebate.
What You’ll Need Before We Start:
- Your business registration details: your ABN, ACN (if applicable), business address and contact details
- A valid Driver’s License, Seniors Card or Proof of Age Card
- Your bank details to receive the $1,200 rebate
- Your Lawpath legal plan invoice (read below on how to obtain this)
Step 1: Download Your Invoice
- Find your active plan under ‘Subscriptions’ and click ‘Show’ under Invoices to download your most recent invoice as a PDF.
Step 2: Start Your Application with Business Victoria
- Head to https://business.vic.gov.au/grants-and-programs/small-business-digital-adaptation-program. Complete your confirmation at the bottom of the ‘Introduction’ and complete Section 1 to confirm your eligibility for the program.
- Following this you will be asked to Create an Account with the Department of Jobs, Precincts and Regions (DJPR) Grants Portal platform, or Login if you have already registered.
Step 3: Complete Your Applicant Details
- Fill in all the required fields and additional information you would like to provide. You will need the details of your proof of identity to complete this.
Step 4: Outline Proposed Activities
- In this step you will be required to detail how you’re planning on using your Legal Plan.
- To help streamline your application, you can use the following descriptions as a starting point for the following questions:
If you have chosen a premium product or expect to use the $1,200 in full before 12 months expires please explain why this is necessary to support your business’ digital adaptation:
“Purchasing a Lawpath subscription will allow me to stay on top of my legal requirements by helping me create, manage and sign contracts online. I will also be able to access on-demand legal advice when making key business decisions, ensuring my business is in the best position for future growth and success.”
How will this product enhance your business’ adaptation to a digital operating environment?
“Having all my legals accessible from anywhere allows my business to seamlessly adapt to any changes ahead with complete peace of mind. I will be able to manage contracts without any physical exchange of documents and receive legal advice from wherever I am working on my business.”
- N.B. You will also be required to enter your Bank Details to receive the $1,200 rebate
Step 5: Upload Your Supporting Documentation
- Upload your invoice downloaded in Step 1 and the same proof of identity you detailed in Step 3
Step 6: Review Your Application and Submit
- You can save your application and return to it later if you don’t have any of the required information on hand.
- Once you have completed your application the DJPR will be in touch if they require further information or to inform you of any issues with the application.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How do I get the rebate and what do I have to do?
To claim the rebate you must first register for the program on the Business Victoria website at this link. You must apply by 18 July 2022 to be eligible. Once registered, you can then purchase one of our legal plans and provide evidence (ie. your invoice) as part of your rebate application to the Government. The Government will then rebate you $1,200 to use towards your purchased plan.
Am I eligible to receive the rebate?
Eligible businesses are required to:
- Have held a valid ABN since 28 March 2021
- Be a sole trader, microbusiness, or small business
- Be operating their business in Victoria
- Pay for the subscription (legal plan) themselves initially
Can I get multiple reimbursements across each of the participating software providers?
While you’re welcome to spread the $1,200 across a number of subscriptions, you will only receive the one rebate.
How do I apply?
- You must first purchase your Legal Plan before applying for your rebate. Sign up to the Legal Plan that best suits your needs. If you’re unsure of which plan to go for, you can arrange a FREE consultation with our team by clicking here.
- You’ll then need to apply for your $1,200 rebate before 18 July 2022 using the Lawpath invoice provided to you on purchase.
- Successful applicants will then receive their $1,200 Government rebate within 10 working days.
If you have any questions, call and speak to one of our consultants on 1800 5299 728