Cease and Desist Letter Sample
A Cease and Desist Letter stops outside parties from violating your rights and can act as a pre-cursor to legal action. It formally tells an individual or a business to stop a certain conduct, from harassment to debt collection. Take a look at our sample below, to get an idea of what yours will look like.
Your Cease and Desist Letter is the first line of defence, and is commonly used to enforce legal rights without resorting to litigation. Just like our sample, it needs to contain a legally accurate statement of your rights and the allegations of infringement.
View our Sample
Once customised, your document will look similar to our sample Cease and Desist Letter.
What does the Cease and Desist Letter cover?
Our Cease and Desist Letter includes clauses setting out:
- A statement of your legal rights;
- Descriptions of the alleged infringement of those rights;
- Demanding for a certain conduct to stop;
- Your intention to take further legal action, usually litigation, if the Infringing activity does stop; and
- Any further demands as the case may be.
You can create your Cease and Desist Letter for FREE.