Annual Leave PolicyYou can use this Annual Leave Policy to outline the annual leave entitlements and obligations in place for your employees. This Policy clarifies the process for an annual leave application, as well as the process for directing employees to take annual leave when they have excessive leave or during an annual shut down such as the Christmas period.
This Annual Leave Policy clarifies that annual leave requests are subject to approval and the Company’s operational requirements. It can help protect your Company by minimising the risk of claims or disputes over any unauthorised annual leave or related expenses. It also helps your employees feel more confident in submitting an annual leave request by providing them with a clear process to follow.
Use this Policy if:
- You want to provide clarity on who is entitled to annual leave, and the process for making a request;
- You need to ensure that all employees are aware that any annual leave requests are subject to notice requirements and may be declined where appropriate;
- You want to clarify how payroll is processed for employees during annual leave to minimise the risk of related disputes; and
- You want to protect your Company by ensuring that employees are aware of your right to direct them to take annual leave under certain circumstances.
What does this Policy cover?
- Eligibility requirements for annual leave;
- Procedure for any annual leave requests;
- Company liability for any unauthorised leave taken by employees;
- Company directions to take annual leave during an annual shut down, or where an employee has accrued excessive leave; and
- Payroll procedures where employees have taken annual leave.
- Can an employer refuse annual leave?
- What is leave loading?
- Can employees be forced to take annual leave?
- Employee Handbook
- Can employees be made to take leave in the Christmas period?
- Annual Leave Application Form