Bill of Sale (Animal)The Bill of Sale (Animal) is a legal document in writing that covers the proposed sale or transfer of legal ownership of an animal or animals from a seller to a buyer for a particular sum of money or equivalent.
The Bill of Sale (Animal) is a formal legal document that summarises the terms of a proposed sale of an animal from a seller to a buyer. It will cover the contract details, followed by the legal terms of the agreement. It outlines the parties to the sale and when and how much the seller wishes to receive for the sale of the animal. The legal terms of the contract will include interpretation of the agreement, terms of the sale and sellers’ warranties and covenants. Also, this document provides for the exercise of waivers and severability of the agreement for the sale of the animal.
Use this Bill of Sale (Animal) if:
- There is an intention to sell or offer to sell an animal or animals
- You require record of transaction between parties
- You require transfer of ownership of an animal to a second party in exchange for a particular sum of money or equivalent
What does the Bill of Sale (Animal) cover?
- Buyer’s name and address;
- Seller’s name and address;
- Sale price;
- Particulars about the animal, i.e. breed, age, colour and animal registration number;
- Bank details of seller;
- Seller’s warranties and covenants;
- Inspection period before sale completion;
- Severability of agreement;
- Signatures of both parties;
- Witness name and signature.
Other names for Bill of Sale (Animal) include:
- Proof of purchase
- Proof of sale
- Receipt for purchase
- Purchase agreement
- Sale agreement