Consent to Act as Trustee (Unit Trust)This Consent to Act as a Trustee (Unit Trust) document is required to ensure that the trustee of the trust has given consent to take on this responsibility.
When creating a unit trust, there needs to be a trustee that is responsible for the trust. The trustee has broad powers to conduct the trust and manage its assets.
Some of the duties of a Trustee include:
- Preservation of trust property
- Investment and insurance
- Good faith
- Loyalty to beneficiaries
- Keeping records and information
- Consideration of whether to exercise a discretion
For a Trustee to confirm that they understand their obligations, this document is required with their details filled out and signature.
Use this Consent to Act as Trustee (Unit Trust) if:
- You are nominating an individual or corporation as a trustee
- You have been appointed as the Trustee of a Unit Trust
- You need a signed consent form for the trustee
What does the Consent to Act as Trustee (Unit Trust) cover?
- Who the trustee is and their agreement to act as the trustee of the specified trust;
- Affirmation that a Trustee intends to act in accordance with their duties;
- The date that the consent was acquired by the trustee.
Other names for a Consent to Act as Trustee (Unit Trust) include:
- Trustee consent to act declaration
- Trustee declaration
- Trustee consent form
Other documents you may need:
- Unit Trust Deed
- Discretionary Trust Deed
- Minutes of Meeting of Trustee
- Consent to Act as Trustee (Discretionary Trust)
- Register of Units Issued