Consent to Act as Secretary
A Consent to Act as Secretary document is a written consent that the secretary agrees to be a secretary of a company. Customisable and ready to use in under 5 minutes.Get started
A Consent to Act as Secretary is a written consent which should be given by any person who is going to be acting as the secretary of a company. Due to the significant responsibilities a company secretary bears, it is important that they provide a written record of their consent to act as such.
Acting as a company secretary without having given the required permission is in breach of section 204C of the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth).
Use this Consent to Act as Secretary if:
- Your company is intending to appoint a secretary
- You have been asked to act as company secretary
What does the Consent to Act as Secretary cover?
A Consent to Act as Secretary provides a written record that a secretary has given their consent to:
- Maintain company records;
- Arrange meetings for members and meeting agendas;
- Take minutes of member meetings;
- Be in charge of reporting company changes to ASIC;
- Ensure that legal obligations of the company are met.
Other names for a Consent to Act as Secretary include:
- Consent to be a secretary
- Consent to act as a company officeholder
- Consent to act as a director and secretary
Other documents you may need:
Not sure what you need? Call and speak to one of our consultants on1800 529 728
How it works
Follow the steps below and you’ll have your ready-to-use document in no time.
Set up a free Lawpath account
Search and find the document you need from our list
Follow the prompts and fill in all the relevant details
Download your document in ready-to-use PDF or Docx* format. Access from any device, at anytime.