You can use this Leave Policy to outline the leave entitlements and obligations that are in place for your employees. This Policy covers the key types of paid and unpaid annual leave available to your employees, along with the procedure for taking each type of leave.Get 1st document free
This Leave Policy ensures that your employees can be aware of the processes in place regarding the taking of leave, which helps protect your Company in the event of any related claims or disputes. You can also use this Policy to help your employees feel supported in the event that they need to take leave for any reason.
Use this Policy if:
- You want to provide clarity on the different types of leave available to your employees;
- You need to ensure that there are clear procedures in place for the notification, and taking of leave;
- You want to ensure that your employees are aware that they may not be entitled to leave if it has not been taken in line with an agreed process or is not compatible with the Company’s operational requirements,
- You want your employees to feel supported in the workplace, and more comfortable taking leave subject to the required process and timeframes; and
- You want to protect your Company from any potential disputes or claims relating to leave, including unauthorised leave taken by employees.
What does this Policy cover?
- The key types of paid and unpaid leave available to employees, including annual leave, community service leave, long service leave, parental leave, personal/carer’s leave, compassionate leave, family and domestic violence leave;
- An outline of the amount of each leave available to employees and eligibility requirements for such leave;
- Notice and evidence requirements for any leave taken; and
- The interaction of leave with public holidays and/or unpaid leave.
- What types of paid leave are full-time employees entitled to?
- Can casual employees take sick leave?
- Can an employer refuse annual leave?
- What is long service leave entitlement?
- Can employees be made to take leave in the Christmas period?
- Employee Handbook
Not sure what you need? Call and speak to one of our consultants on1800 529 728
How it works
Follow the steps below and you’ll have your ready-to-use document in no time.
Set up a free Lawpath account
Search and find the document you need from our list
Follow the prompts and fill in all the relevant details
Download your document in ready-to-use PDF or Docx* format. Access from any device, at anytime.