Reduction of Hours Notice
This Notice of Reduction of Hours notify an employee of a reduction in their working hours during a business downturn.Get started
Casual employee hours can be readily changed in response to your business needs however reducing the hours of a full-time employee requires the employee’s acceptance in writing. A written record can help protect a business if any questions or legal issues arise regarding the reduction of hours. It is recommended that you discuss the reduction with your employees first before sending out the notice to reduce their hours.
Use this Notice of Reduction of Hours if:
- You would like to reduce a full-time employee’s working hours.
- You would like to concisely explain to the employee why his or her hours need to be reduced.
- You want to follow all the proper processes in reducing the employee’s working hours.
- You would like to have a record of the reduction of hours in the event of any legal action.
What does the Notice of Reduction of Hours cover?
- Information about the change of working hours, e.g. what the change will be and when it will occur.
- The reasons why this change is necessary for the company.
- Invites employees to give their views about the impact of the change.
Other documents you may need:
Not sure what you need? Call and speak to one of our consultants on1800 529 728
How it works
Follow the steps below and you’ll have your ready-to-use document in no time.
Set up a free Lawpath account
Search and find the document you need from our list
Follow the prompts and fill in all the relevant details
Download your document in ready-to-use PDF or Docx* format. Access from any device, at anytime.