Change of Duties NoticeA Changes of Duties Notice informs an employee that their duties and responsibilities have changed.
Employers may change the duties and responsibilities of employees, provided that the new duties are safe and reasonably fall within the scope of the employee’s contract. Changes to duties may be made in response: to a downturn in trade, the restructuring of a business or any other reasons impacting the operation of the business.
Use this Change of Duties Notice if:
- You would like to change the duties and responsibilities of an employee.
- You would like explain to the employee the reasons as to why their duties have been changed.
- You would like to inform the employee of what their new duties involve.
- You want to follow all the proper process in changing an employee’s duties.
What does the Change of Duties Notice cover?
- Information about the change of duties such as when the changes will take effect and what the new roles entail.
- The reasons as to why the change in duties and responsibilities is necessary for the business.
For Further Information:
- Can an Employer Change the Terms of Your Employment Agreement Without Your Consent?
- COVID-19: Resources for Businesses