Parental Leave PolicyYou can use this Parental Leave Policy to outline employee entitlements and obligations relating to parental leave. This policy also helps communicate the notice and evidence requirements in place to employees who are thinking of taking parental leave.
This Parental Leave Policy can be used to help provide clarity around parental leave entitlements and your expectations as an employer. It can also help you and your employees plan for the next 12 to 24-month period by understanding key parental leave and notice requirements.
Use this Parental Leave Policy if:
- you would like to clarify eligibility requirements around Parental Leave for your employees;
- you need to communicate notice and evidence requirements around parental leave to ensure clarity and minimise the risk of any related disputes;
- you would like your employees to be aware of their entitlements and to feel valued in the workplace; or
- your employees have questions about parental leave, such as the amount of parental leave they can take, leave requirements if their partner is also taking leave, and whether they can access paid parental leave.
What does this Policy cover?
- Eligibility criteria for parental leave;
- Amount of parental leave, along with any notice or evidence requirements;
- Information on government paid parental leave entitlements; and
- Guidelines on taking leave in circumstances where one or both partners are taking leave.
- Can I be paid parental leave if I am a sole trader?
- Can you dismiss an employee on Maternity Leave?
- What types of paid leave are full-time employees entitled to?
- Flexible working arrangements: do I have to implement them?