Personal/Carer's Leave PolicyThis Personal/Carer’s Leave Policy can be used to clarify when employees are eligible to take this leave. This Policy also outlines how the entitlement to leave is calculated, the process that needs to be followed if an employee needs to use this leave, and the associated evidence requirements.
This Personal/Carer’s Leave Policy can be used to help your employees feel supported in the workplace in case they are sick, or have carer’s obligations for a sick family member. Using this Policy also helps protect your Company in the event of a dispute where an employee has not complied with the notification or evidence requirements.
Use this Policy if:
- You want to provide clarity on when Personal/Carer’s Leave can be taken;
- You need to ensure there are clear notification and evidence requirements in place for employees thinking of taking this leave;
- You need to protect your Company from any potential disputes or claims relating to this leave, including where employees don’t adequately notify the Company or provide appropriate evidence; and
- You want your employees to know that there are leave entitlements available to support them in the event that they are unwell, or have to care for a sick family member.
What does this Policy cover?
- Eligibility for Personal/Carer’s Leave, including unpaid leave;
- A definition of immediate family or household members for the purpose of Carer’s Leave;
- How an employee’s Personal/Carer’s Leave entitlement is calculated; and
- Notification and evidence requirements for employees wishing to take this leave.
- What is personal/carer's leave?
- How does compassionate leave work?
- How to manage an employee who is taking too much sick leave
- What types of paid leave are full-time employees entitled to?
- Do casual employees have leave entitlements?
- Leave Policy
- Employee Handbook