Wet Hire AgreementA Wet Hire Agreement is a document used to outline the terms of an agreement for the rent of equipment and hire of services, typically for construction jobs.
This differs from a dry hire agreement, which only involves the hire of equipment. This agreement allows Contractors to maintain control over any equipment hired, and clarifies when Hirers may be liable for the damage, loss, or alteration of the Equipment. This agreement also clarifies the Hirer’s entitlement to the equipment and services throughout the hire period, and under what terms a project may be delayed, extended, or cancelled.
Use this Wet Hire Agreement if:
- You are a business in Equipment and Service hire
- You wish to ensure that Agreements with clients are clear
What does this document cover:
- The terms of Equipment and Service Hire
- Contractors and Hirers obligations and entitlements under the Agreement
- Provisions for Insurance and Indemnity of the Parties
- Application of the Personal Properties Securities Act (PPSA) to the Agreement