Pre Employment Medical FormYou can use this Pre Employment Medical Form to ensure a prospective employee is able to perform the inherent requirements of the job, or to identify any reasonable adjustments needed to help them adequately perform their role.
This form should be used before an offer is made, and should not be used to deny employment to someone due to a disability, illness or injury if it doesn’t impact their ability to complete the role.
Use this Pre Employment Medical Form if:
- You have not yet offered the role to someone and would like to make sure that the prospective employee does not have any health or capacity issues that would prevent them from being able to fulfil the key requirements of the role; or
- You would like additional details of any restrictions or reasonable adjustments needed to help the prospective employee perform the role before making an offer.
What does this Pre Employment Medical Form cover?
- Purpose of the Pre Employment Medical Form;
- Personal and contact details of the prospective employee;
- Any circumstances affecting the health or capacity of the individual to perform the role;
- Any injuries or conditions impacting on the individual’s ability to perform the key requirements of the position;
- Any reasonable adjustments recommended by the individual to assist with performing the role; and
- Consent to a health assessment by a company nominated medical practitioner, or disclosure of relevant information by their personal medical practitioner.