Return to Work Policy (Managing Injury)
A Return to Work Policy (Managing Injury) is used to communicate your commitment to any employees who may get injured at work, and assist them to return to work in a safe manner. This Policy also creates a clear process for injury notification, management and the return to work process to help your Company and the management team manage this process.Get 1st document free
This Return to Work Policy (Managing Injury) helps your employees understand the importance of notifying the Company of any injuries as soon as possible, and the reasons for a structured return to work process to ensure they are working in a safe and appropriate manner. Using this Policy also helps to minimise the risk of disputes by ensuring that all employees understand the process involved if they, or another worker is injured at work.
Use this Policy if:
- You want to communicate your Company’s commitment to supporting any injured workers, including in the return to work process;
- You need to implement a clear process for the early notification of any injuries, along with the management of these going forward;
- You would like to ensure that all employees understand what is involved in the return to work process so that they feel supported and comfortable with the process and information required;
- You need to ensure there is a process for finalising the injury management and review stage for long-term injuries, including reviewing the suitability of an injured worker’s employment where appropriate; and
- You want to protect your Company from any disputes related to the return to work process.
What does this Policy cover?
- The Company’s commitment to its workers, including any workers who sustain an injury or illness at work;
- Process for the notification of any injuries;
- Process for the management of any injuries;
- The return to work process, including considering any alternative suitable duties and the creation of a return to work plan; and
- The review and finalisation of the return to work process.
- Employee injuries: What are your responsibilities?
- What information can an employer request from an employee?
- What is the role of Safe Work Australia?
- Employee Handbook
Not sure what you need? Call and speak to one of our consultants on1800 529 728
How it works
Follow the steps below and you’ll have your ready-to-use document in no time.
Set up a free Lawpath account
Search and find the document you need from our list
Follow the prompts and fill in all the relevant details
Download your document in ready-to-use PDF or Docx* format. Access from any device, at anytime.