Unpaid Leave Policy
You can use this Unpaid Leave Policy to help your employees feel comfortable requesting time off if they do not have an entitlement to paid leave, or have run out of paid leave. This Policy also clarifies that the Company is under no obligation to approve such leave where it is not compatible with the Company’s needs.Get 1st document free
This Unpaid Leave Policy can be used to help protect your Company by ensuring that employees are aware of their obligation to request leave, even where this is unpaid leave. This Policy can also be used to help support employees who need to take time off for personal reasons and who may not be entitled to another form of leave.
Use this Policy if:
- You want to help your employees feel comfortable raising a request for unpaid leave, while giving you the right to decline where this is not compatible with business needs;
- You need to ensure that employees are aware that all requests for leave need to be approved, and leave cannot be taken without authorisation; and
- You want to provide guidance to management staff on how to approach requests for unpaid leave by staff.
What does this Policy cover?
- The process for unpaid leave requests by employees;
- Key factors that are considered by the Company when an unpaid leave request is received;
- A clarification that leave needs to be authorised to be taken; and
- The right of the Company to decline a request for unpaid leave.
- Can employees be made to take leave in the Christmas period?
- What types of paid leave are full-time employees entitled to?
- Do casual employees have leave entitlements?
- Leave Policy
- Employee Handbook
Not sure what you need? Call and speak to one of our consultants on1800 529 728
How it works
Follow the steps below and you’ll have your ready-to-use document in no time.
Set up a free Lawpath account
Search and find the document you need from our list
Follow the prompts and fill in all the relevant details
Download your document in ready-to-use PDF or Docx* format. Access from any device, at anytime.