Cease and Desist (Collection)
This variation of a Cease and Desist Letter is a formal letter sent to debt collectors to formally request they stop contacting a debtor (the person or enterprise who owes money). Customisable and ready to use in under 5 minutes.Get started
This is a variation of a Cease and Desist letter designed to be sent to debt collectors to formally request they stop contacting a debtor (a person or enterprise who owes money). Australian Consumer Law outlines that a debt collector is not allowed to act unconscionably towards a debtor, including harass, deceive or contact them outside of reasonable hours.
Debt collectors are required to stop communicating with debtors once a Cease and Desist letter has been issued, with the exception of notifying the debtor about legal further actions that will be taken.
Use this Cease and Desist (Collection) if:
- You have a debt from loans, credit cards, mortgages etc and are receiving unreasonable contact from debt collectors
- You are being harassed for owing a debt from debt collectors that you may or may not have
What does the Cease and Desist (Collection) cover?
- An outline of a certain conduct regarding debt collection and a request to stop
- A warning about the potential violations of Australian Consumer Law by the debt collector
- A caution about the potential legal consequences for continuing such activities
Other names for Cease and Desist (Collection) include:
- Letter of Complaint About Debtor Harassment
- Debt Collection Complaint Letter
Not sure what you need? Call and speak to one of our consultants on1800 529 728
How it works
Follow the steps below and you’ll have your ready-to-use document in no time.
Set up a free Lawpath account
Search and find the document you need from our list
Follow the prompts and fill in all the relevant details
Download your document in ready-to-use PDF or Docx* format. Access from any device, at anytime.