Create Your Cease and Desist (Collection) For Free
Complete Online Form
Sign & Make It Legal
This is a variation of a Cease and Desist letter designed to be sent to debt collectors to formally request they stop contacting a debtor (a person or enterprise who owes money). Australian Consumer Law outlines that a debt collector is not allowed to act unconscionably towards a debtor, including harass, deceive or contact them outside of reasonable hours.
Debt collectors are required to stop communicating with debtors once a Cease and Desist letter has been issued, with the exception of notifying the debtor about legal further actions that will be taken.
Use this Cease and Desist (Collection) if:
- You have a debt from loans, credit cards, mortgages etc and are receiving unreasonable contact from debt collectors
- You are being harassed for owing a debt from debt collectors that you may or may not have
What does the Cease and Desist (Collection) cover?
- An outline of a certain conduct regarding debt collection and a request to stop
- A warning about the potential violations of Australian Consumer Law by the debt collector
- A caution about the potential legal consequences for continuing such activities
Other names for Cease and Desist (Collection) include:
- Letter of Complaint About Debtor Harassment
- Debt Collection Complaint Letter
Want A Lawyer To Draft Your Cease and Desist (Collection)?
Get a Quick Quote
Let us find you a lawyer who can draft a Cease and Desist (Collection) specific to your needs. Our Quick Quotes technology saves you time and gives you fixed-price quotes from over 700+ expert lawyers.
1. Submit quote request
Fill out the quote request form. Provide as much detail as possible so we can source you the most accurate quotes.
2. Compare Fixed-Price Quotes
Save time shopping around town. You will receive fixed-price quotes from our 700+ expert lawyers.
3. Hire the Best Lawyer
Once you've engaged the lawyer of your choice they will begin work on your job.
Submit Quote Request
Receive Fixed-Price Quotes
Connect With Your Lawyer
LawPath provides legal documents for:
Corporate & Enterprise