Employee Exit Policy
This Employee Exit Policy outlines a process to follow when an employee is leaving your employment.Get 1st document free
Having a clear process to follow during Employee Exits will ensure you protect your business and its assets and help the employee leave with dignity. The employee exit process should always be set in writing. A written record can help protect a business if any questions or legal issues arise regarding the employment exit.
An exit interview is an extremely valuable organisational effectiveness tool, as it can help companies to understand the employee’s perceptions and experiences and get feedback about the job the employee held, their work environment and your place. Generally, it is recommended that all employees who voluntarily terminate the employment with your company are required to participate in exit interviews.
Use this Employee Exit Policy if:
- You would like to terminate the employment of an employee or an employee would like to resign or retire;
- You would like to concisely explain to the employee exit policy and ensure all the properties of your company are returned;
- You want to follow all the proper processes in exiting the employee; and
- You would like to have a record of the employment exit in the event of any legal action.
What does the Employee Exit Policy cover?
- Documents the processes of employee exit for different types of termination;
- Informs the recipient that the employment contract is ended; and
- Sets out the requirements of exit interviews
Other names for Employee Exit Policy include:
- Employee Exit Procedure;
- Employee Exit Plan; and
- Staff Exit Policy
Not sure what you need? Call and speak to one of our consultants on1800 529 728
How it works
Follow the steps below and you’ll have your ready-to-use document in no time.
Set up a free Lawpath account
Search and find the document you need from our list
Follow the prompts and fill in all the relevant details
Download your document in ready-to-use PDF or Docx* format. Access from any device, at anytime.