Public Holiday Policy
You can use this Public Holiday Policy to clarify how public holidays interact with working days, non-working days and leave. This Policy also lets employees raise the possibility of leave or time off on religious or cultural holidays that do not fall on a public holiday.Get started
This Public Holiday Policy can be used to minimise the risk of disputes around payments for public holidays where employees may not have been entitled to payment for the day. It can also be used to ensure that employees are aware that you may require them to work on a public holiday.
Use this Policy if:
- You want to provide clarity around how public holidays interact with working days, non-working days and leave;
- You need to protect your Company from unnecessary disputes regarding non-payment for a public holiday, where an employee is not entitled to payment;
- You want employees to feel comfortable requesting time off to observe religious or cultural holidays which may not fall on a public holiday; and
- You need to clarify the payroll process for public holidays.
What does this Policy cover?
- Interaction of public holidays with a non-working day;
- Interaction of public holidays with a day of paid leave;
- Working on public holidays;
- Requesting time off to observe a religious or cultural holiday that does not fall on a public holiday; and
- Payroll process for public holidays.
- When are employees entitled to paid breaks?
- Is it legal to open my business on public holidays?
- What types of paid leave are full-time employees entitled to?
- Do casual employees have leave entitlements?
- Leave Policy
- Employee Handbook
Not sure what you need? Call and speak to one of our consultants on1800 529 728
How it works
Follow the steps below and you’ll have your ready-to-use document in no time.
Set up a free Lawpath account
Search and find the document you need from our list
Follow the prompts and fill in all the relevant details
Download your document in ready-to-use PDF or Docx* format. Access from any device, at anytime.