Termination letter (Serious Misconduct)
A Termination Letter (Serious Misconduct) allows you to formally notify and record the termination of your employee due to serious misconduct. Customisable and ready for use in under 3 minutes.Get started
This Termination Letter explains that you are terminating an employee on the basis of serious misconduct. The termination of any employee should always be set in writing. A written record can help protect a business if any questions or legal issues arise regarding the termination. Generally, an employee should receive a warning letter and opportunity to improve before they are terminated.
It is recommended that you seek legal advice before terminating an employee to understand its legal aspects and whether the employee would have sufficient grounds to make a claim for unfair dismissal.
Use this Termination Letter (Serious Misconduct) if:
- You would like to terminate the employment of an employee for serious misconduct;
- You would like to concisely explain to the employee why he/she has been dismissed;
- You want to follow all the proper processes in terminating the employee; and
- You would like to have a record of the termination in the event of any legal action.
What does the Termination Letter (Serious Misconduct) cover?
- Documents the employee’s misconduct;
- Informs the recipient that the employment contract is terminated; and
- Sets out the relevant termination payments.
Other names for Termination Letter (Serious Misconduct) include:
- Letter of Termination;
- Termination of Employment Letter;
- Letter of Termination of Employment;
- Employment Termination Letter;
- Misconduct Termination Letter; and
- Letter of Termination Due to Misconduct.
Other documents you may need:
- Termination letter (Poor Performance)
- Termination letter (Notice or Payment in Lieu)
- Formal Warning Letter (Unsatisfactory Performance)
Not sure what you need? Call and speak to one of our consultants on1800 529 728
How it works
Follow the steps below and you’ll have your ready-to-use document in no time.
Set up a free Lawpath account
Search and find the document you need from our list
Follow the prompts and fill in all the relevant details
Download your document in ready-to-use PDF or Docx* format. Access from any device, at anytime.